The inspiration for this meal came from a takeaway I ordered one evening. The dish I ordered was actually chicken and basil, it had a really wonderful flavour.
I just had to recreate the Thai stir fried basil, so with a little research I decided to make it using minced pork instead of chicken. If possible you want to use Thai basil to give it a more authentic flavour, however this is not always that easy to come by. I have used the regular basil for this dish. You will also need onion, green beans, bell peppers and garlic.
I would suggest preparing some rice before hand so once your stir fry is done, you are ready to serve.
Thai Stir Fried Basil with Pork
- 200 g Minced Pork
- ½ Small Onion Diced
- ½ Red and Yellow Peppers chopped into small pieces
- 40 g Long Green Beans chopped into small pieces
- 2 Cloves Garlic diced ( around 2 tbsp)
- 1 Red Chillies diced (if you like very spicy you could use Thai chilli)
- 1 handful Basil (Best is Thai Basil)
- ½ tbsp Vegetable oil for cooking
- 2 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 Fried Eggs
- In a small bowl add all the sauce ingredients and mix well. Set to one side for later.
- Ready a frying pan over a medium heat, pour the oil into pan, add the pork and fry it until there is no pink.
- Once the pork is cooked move it to one side and add the onion, garlic and chilli then fry it until all become soft and the fragrance is released, then mix it with pork.
- Add the sauce and mix with well with every ingredient. Next add the red & yellow peppers, green beans and fry it until cooked through. Turn off the heat and add the basil and fry it until it become soft then remove the pan.
- In another frying pan, fry a a couple of eggs to your liking. Serve the pork and basil with rice and top with the egg.
- Enjoy your meal.