This is a Japanese fruit sandwich. Thick slices of milk bread filled with a mixture of cream cheese, double cream (heavy cream) and fresh fruit. Its generally eaten as breakfast or a snack.
You can choose which ever fruits you prefer. Take note to place the fruit in the direction you will be slicing. Once sliced it looks so beautiful and cute, children of all ages will love it.
Japanese Fruit Sando
However this recipe uses medium sliced white bread.
- 4 Slices of White Bread
- 120 g Double Cream (Heavy Cream)
- 70 g Cream Cheese
- 20 g White Sugar (add more if you prefer it sweeter)
- 8 Strawberries
- 1 Banana (Fruit of your choice)
- Add the sugar to the double cream and whisk.
- Add the cream cheese to the cream and whisk further. Until it becomes thick.
- Add the mixture to a piping bag. If you do not have a piping bag, then place a sandwich bag into a cup and fill it up. Then simply cut a corner off and you have a piping bag.
- Lay your first slice of bread onto some plastic wrap (clingfilm). Then pipe the mixture onto the bread covering as much as possible.
- Place the fruit on the top of the cream, in the direction you will slice.
- Cover the fruit with more of the cream mixture. Next place the second piece of bread on the top.
- Wrap the sandwich tightly and then chill in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour. This allows the sandwich to take desired shape. (You could mark the direction of the fruit before putting into the fridge, to help yourself remember)
- Slice the sandwich whilst it is still wrapped. Make sure you slice along the fruit. Remember which way you laid the fruit out. Hope you Enjoy! 🙂