There’s nothing like sweet and sour flavours to tantalize your taste buds, and this delicious sausage ball recipe is no exception! Combining pork sausages with a sweet and sour sauce is sure to please everyone at your next party or get-together. So why not give it a try? The recipe is simple to follow and only takes a few minutes to prepare. Let’s get started!
Where did I get the idea for Sweet & Sour Sausage Balls?
I was looking for a unique twist on the classic sausage ball recipe and sweet and sour seemed like the perfect combination. And I was right! These sausage balls are absolutely delicious and sure to be a hit with your guests. Trust me, they’ll be asking for seconds (and maybe even thirds)!
Sweet & Sour Sausage Balls
Take an all time classic like sweet & sour, then take pork sausages which are a real favourite in the UK and combine them. The sweet & sour sausage balls will become a real favourite for everyone.
- 4 Pork Sausages
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- ½ Green Pepper
- ½ Red Pepper
- ½ Yellow Pepper
- ½ Medium Onion
- 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 6 tbsp Water
- Add all sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Put to one side to use later.
- Roughly chop the onion and peppers.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, pierce and slice down the sausage skin. Then remove the skin completely and repeat for all 4 sausages.
- Using your hands, divide the sausages and roll in to balls.
- Ready a frying pan and put it on a low heat. Add the oil and allow it to heat up. Next add the all sausage balls into the pan. Cook throughly to make sure they are cooked through. Once they are all cooked remove and set to one side.
- Using the same frying pan over a medium heat. Add all the vegetable and fry until they turn to a nice colour, maybe around 2 to 4 mins . If you like vegetables to have a soft texture then cook them longer.
- Once vegetables cooked add the sausage back in and mix. Turn the heat to low, then add the sauce into pan. (Remember to mix the sauce again, before pouring into the pan)
- After adding the sauce mix well. The sauce will start to become sticky, coat all the ingredients well.
- Once everything is mixed add the sesame oil. Then you are ready to serve.
- Enjoy your meal. 😀