This is Japanese chocolate, made from chocolate, cream and alcohol (brandy, wine, whisky…etc.). It tastes really soft and smooth, just melts on your tongue. It is a little similar to Ganache and Truffle.
My husband always says to me he wants to try this Japanese chocolate, so I decided to make it for him. This recipe is really easy and simple, and I believe everyone will enjoy it.
What chocolate I used?
I used milk chocolate and mixed it with dark chocolate, if you don’t like it too bitter just us a little less or just use milk chocolate that would be fine.
This nama chocolate if you want to make for children, I would like to suggest to you, only use milk chocolate and add 15g Glucose syrup into it, because this recipe is not very sweet. And don’t add whisky.
- 150 g 35% Milk Chocolate
- 50 g 75% Dark Chocolate
- 100 ml Cream 35% Fat (Whipping Cream)
- 20 g Unsalted Butter
- 15 g Whisky Or another spirit
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Put the baking paper into the box( my box is 16cm x 11cm x 6cm), ready for later to pour the chocolate.
- Chop milk chocolate and dark chocolate into small pieces, makes it easier to melt.
- Ready a pan and add the cream turn on a low heat bring it to boil, once it start to boil ( as picture) turn off the heat and move away from hot stove.
- Add all chocolate in and mix it, from the bottom up, careful not to let air in.
- Once mixed well, add the unsalted butter (if you want to add water candy add here) and mix well.
- Add the whisky and mix well.
- Pour the chocolate into box and gently bang the bottom of the container on a hard surface, this will bring the air to the surface. Next let it cool down, then put it into the fridge for one night.
- After one night, take it out of the fridge. Then cut it into Bite size pieces ( I cut it into 2cm x 1cm). Before you cut it, turn on the low heat and warm your knife first, it would be easier to cut it. Every time you cut it, please wipe your knife first then cut it again. After cutting it dust the chocolates with cocoa powder, try and cover all sides.
- Enjoy your chocolate.